Saturday, 18 August 2012

Take #3: Personal Prep Talk

I love being young. When I meet people and they ask me my age they usually say something that differs between "oh" or "whoa! You're young". That makes me worry a bit, though - do I look like I should be older? Ah well...

One of my close friends is under the impression that you start dying after the age of 18. My opinion, that is when your life actually begins! ;D

You start to notice how much you've grown. Not physically (ok, that too), but emotionally as well. At first you were totally dependent on le Parents, later you rebelled and starting "hating" them for "holding you back". Now you start to see things from their perspective and the bond grows ever stronger WHILE still having all your freedom and independence you have gained by being a stubborn and so called "troubled" teen. It's time to grow up for real now. That means no anger tantrums, no crying your eyes out for stupid little boys...

This is it. This is the moment we've all been waiting for - that moment when you finally feel contempt with who you are as well as your circumstances. You understand and accept things you cannot change, and work hard to reach your hopefully-not-too-farfetched goals.

Looking back on my teen-life, I notice how I've changed, but then returned to whom I was (or am) originally. I've been (for arguement's sake, let's use stereotypical terms) a tomboy, goth, emo, scene, preppy, metalhead... but I find myself the happiest when I stop trying to be a part of some group or subculture, and instead just be me - a dreamer.

Come to think of it, I used music to channel through different moods (like metal gave me a surge of power and anger, whereas Gothic-classical music calmed me down to the state where I displayed no emotions). I still use that method - it is very effective when accompanied by a set of life-philosophies. At the moment I am focused on youth, innocence and adventure (well, sort of). I think those three terms best describe my style...

Anyway. I noticed how I keep telling people that I hate cameras and photo's when I'm in them and then end up taking a bunch of selcas. Well, the reason for this is self-motivation. Sometimes there are a few good ones and those are the ones I keep and put on Facebook or Twitter. (By the way, my Twitter ID is @ipetitpanda. Please follow! If you tell me you found me via my blog, I'll follow back!)

I've been considering myself as less than a lady, because most of my friends are guys. Truthfully, I have very few girl friends and it makes me sad. So, in a way, I have become my own best friend. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. It certainly has its advantages - devotion to bettering oneself. lol

A dear online friend once told me~
"Better to suffer from the pain of discipline that the pain of disappointment."

Each of us has so much potential (despite your age). Another of my favourite quotes are from Michelangelo~

"Genius is eternal patience.
"I am still learning."

Each of us can make a difference on society by making a difference in people's lives every day. So think about it and act upon it. Even a smile can bring a smile to someone's face. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment